In order to restore Teams Chats, you can follow the guide below:
- Go to [Restore] > then choose from [Teams Chats]. Then select the customer and the Office 365 Organisation you'd like to restore from. Then simply click [Next]
- Select the Team chat (or chats) which you would need to restore. You can either scroll till you find the desired chat or use the search field at the top. Once done press [Next]
- Simply select the backup version you'd like to restore and click [Next]
- Select the desired destination and press [Next]
Restore to HTML — will include HTML files as part of the ZIP archive available for download.
Restore to a new Team— will restore the selected Teams Chats into a new team in MS Teams.
Note: During BETA it is only possible to restore to an HTML, restoring to a new Team will be available soon.
- Select the email address where the download notification (with the link to download the restored files) will be sent to. If you want to download any files which were sent click the [Restore Files shared within the selected chats]
Once you're ready, click [Restore]
Tip: Ensure to copy the passphrase and save it until the restore is complete. The passphrase is not sent via email (for security reasons) and if it is misplaced, a new restore would need to be initiated.
- Next verify credentials, these are the credentials of your CMC account.
- Once verified, the restore will start. The data will be processed by us and when completed an email will be sent.
Tip: The sender address will be email@example.com so please make sure that you are not blocking emails from this address and check if they are going to the spam folder.
Once you receive the email, click on the link to start the download. The download link in the email will remain valid for 48 hours, after which – should you require the files again a new restore would be required.
Note: The backup runs up to 4 times a day. If an attachment would have been sent and deleted within the period of time where a backup took place than that file would have not been backed up. As per the normal Teams chat, you will see a notifications that the “file is not available as it was deleted by the user”.
Opening the restored HTML file
Once you data has been restored, in order to access the Teams Chat you can follow these easy steps below:
- Unzip the password protected folder with the provided Passphrase.
- Next, unzip the folder that was located in the encrypted one. So essentially you will be unzipping 2 folders here. It's important to unzip, rather than opening as otherwise we will be unable to load the CSS.
User restored Teams Chats will be named like so:
- Now, you can double click on the .HTML files to access the chats, once opened you will see something similar to the below. As you can see, we have the following available:
- The name of the user for the Teams Chat
- Participants included in the conversation
- Messages sent over as well as any attachments sent
- Date/time are in UTC format