- Introduces a new licensing option where users can choose to purchase annual subscription licenses based upon number of Virtual Machines being backed up. The current perpetual licensing option remains available. This option will be available for purchase from 4/8/2020 and more information will be available on www.altaro.com
- Introduces an extended trial until 30/6/2021 for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI Hosts. This extended trial will allow users to backup Virtual Machines running on HCI hosts for free until end of June 2021.
- Adds support for replication from / to VMware Hosts running vSphere version 7.0
- Adds a new CLI tool for exporting VHDs or VMDKs directly from backup data without having to restore the Virtual Machine first. This is available as a standalone tool within the Altaro VM Backup Install location.
- Optimizes calls to vSphere and vCenter servers to ensure that a single session is used for all calls within an operation. This leads to improved performance when connecting to the vSphere API.
- Supports an Override file which allows users to disable auto-discovery of new Virtual Machines in their connected Hypervisors
- Additional commands are now supported by the Altaro VM Backup API which is made available for scripting. These are:
- New API call to create / delete / assign retention policies
- New API call to create / delete backup schedules
- New API call to assign a license key to a host
- Fixes an issue where an Offsite copy to the Altaro Offsite Server (AOS) could fail randomly on large environments with error "AGENTPROXY_001 The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed"
- Fixes an issue where backup email reports would flag backups of Virtual Machines with a daily schedule as overdue even though the backups were taken on a daily basis
- Fixes an issue where old backup version retention operations were not running concurrently with other Customer backups and restores.
- Fixes an issue where a restore operation to VMware vSphere 7.0 could fail
- Fixes an issue where the delete all backup versions feature would fail and cause subsequent operations to fail
- Fixes an issue that in very rare scenarios could cause a system error during CDP backups. (Hyper-V only).
- Includes other bug fixes and improvements
(Follow the steps here to upgrade to the latest version)