Note: You will need an Altaro Cloud Management Console account to proceed, ensure that you have it setup and activated before proceeding.
Once you've installed Altaro Endpoint Backup Manager, the next step is to launch the console and start setting it up.
- Launch Altaro Endpoint Manager and your default browser (Google Chrome is preferred) should start visiting: https://localhost:35482/
- Here, you will need to enter your Windows credentials, [Domain], [Username] and [Password]. Then, click [Sign in]
- Once you're successfully logged in, you will need to configure this Altaro Endpoint Manager, by firstly connecting it to the Altaro Cloud Management Console (CMC). To proceed, click anywhere where it says [Click here to configure this Altaro Endpoint Manager]
- Since this is a new installation, go ahead and select [Set up as a NEW Endpoint Manager]
- From your Altaro CMC account copy the Access key provided to link your Endpoint Manager and enter it in this screen. The Access Key is provided during first-setup or when you are replacing your Endpoint Manager. You can also get your access key from CMC by navigating to [Setup] > [Configure EPM Server] > [Link Endpoint Manager]
Ensure that communication to the following is white-listed:
Enter the copied Access Key and click [Next].
Finally, simply click [Proceed & Register] to add your Altaro Endpoint Manager to CMC and [Finish] to go back to the Dashboard.
After a few moments you should see your Endpoint Manager in your CMC account and on your Altaro Endpoint Manager you should now see a confirmation that it's connected successfully.
At this point you can proceed to configure your Altaro Endpoint Manager by adding a Backup Policy.