Modified on: Wed, 6 Nov, 2019 at 12:34 PM
- Backup for physical servers - Through this freeware physical to virtual backup solution (P2V), you can protect a physical server machine and restore the content in virtual format. You can back up physical servers running Windows Server OS to a local disk, removeable disk or network path.
- Backup schedule - Set up one or more backup schedules according to your requirements.
- Restoring your backups - It is quick and easy to restore the backed up servers as a virtual machine (VM) on a Hyper-V host or as virtual disks (VHDXs).
- Avert the impact of a disaster - Should a disaster affect one of the physical servers on your network, Altaro Physical Server Backup enables you to easily restore and access it on your existing virtual environment, as a virtual disk or fully functional virtual machine. This way, if the hardware is ruined, you can now run that machine virtually instead and access all its content.
- Encryption and retention policies - You can specify a backup target, choose an encryption key (optional), define how long you wish to retain your backup versions, and select which physical volumes to protect.
- Local management console - You can manage and monitor your physical server backup through a local management console with a web user interface, so that you can manage each install individually.
- Fast and efficient backups – Change block tracking (CBT) is an integral part of the solution, so that scanning for changes is not necessary, resulting in much faster backups. Backups are also fully application-aware (and can make use of VSS).
- Optimized backup size – Thanks to Altaro's signature inline deduplication, benefit from the smallest backup size, requiring the least amount of backup space and improving backup and restore speed.
(Follow the steps here to upgrade to the latest version)