The below information only applies if the below 3 points are true:
- You have previously upgraded from V6 to V7
- You are now using version 7.0.17, 7.0.19 or 7.0.20
- You have NOT enabled deduplication (Unlimited Edition), nor switched to the V7 backup format (Standard Edition)
Important notes about this upgrade
- Version 7.0.21 will switch all backups to the new and faster V7 format
- If you are using an Unlimited Edition licence, deduplication will be automatically enabled
- After upgrading, your next onsite backup will be a Full Backup and require more space than a regular incremental backup job.
- Reseeding to your offsite location will not be required because the software will automatically reseed from the previous Offsite Copy versions already available
- In both cases - onsite and offsite - you will still be able to restore older versions
Ready to upgrade?
- Uninstall Altaro VM Backup from Windows Programs and Features
- Run the Altaro VM Backup installer again
All your settings and backup data will be kept through the upgrade.