For Altaro VM Backup to be able to successfully browse the guest partitions and make them available for instant item level restore, the following must be true for the VM in question:
- The partition must be NTFS/ReFS formatted
- The partition must be formatted as 'Basic' and not 'Dynamic'
- The VM must NOT have Windows Deduplication enabled
- The files must NOT be encrypted or compressed at guest OS (VM) level
- Check that the backup was not taken with a warning (Crash Consistent)
Note: Granular Level Restore from an Altaro Offsite Server / Azure Storage Account is not supported.