Warning! This build breaks compatibility with older versions of the Altaro Offsite Server. If upgrading to this build, you must also upgrade your Altaro Offsite Server.
Main New Features
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) for Hyper-V Local Backups – Shift from running daily backups to a continuous backups up to a maximum frequency of 5 minutes resulting in much better Recovery Point Objective (RPO). VMware CDP support will be available soon
- Grandfather / Father / Son Archiving for Local Backups – Retain Weekly, Monthly and Yearly backup versions outside of the retention policy instead of deleting all old backups
- CBT V2 for Window Server 2012/2012 R2 – CBT continues working after a host reboots, during Altaro VM Backup upgrades, and while moving VMs between Failover Cluster Nodes
- Concurrent Backup and Restore Operations – Backups, Offsite Copies, Retention Policy and Restore operations for the same VM can now run concurrently. This means that a long running restore operation or Offsite Copy operation will no longer pause Backups for that VM
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- This release contains a large number of bug fixes and improvements