- Go to [Setup] > [Altaro Offsite Servers] from the left-hand side menu. In order to get started adding your first AOS, click on [Add Altaro Offsite Server]
- If you're connecting an existing AOS installation, before proceeding ensure that your Altaro Offsite Server is running Version 7.7.2 or greater. If it's a fresh installation, you'll be guided to a download page to get the latest version.
- Ensure that you have an active Internet connection from the machine which you would like to link.
- Ensure that communication to the following is not blocked:
- Launch the Altaro Offsite Server console
- Click on the new [CMC] icon at the top right of the window.
- A Wizard will be displayed to allow you to link this installation.
- Use an Altaro CMC temporary Access Key or your Altaro CMC account credentials to authenticate the Installation and register it.
- Click [Next] and confirm registration by clicking [Register]
- As you can see you have just added your first Altaro Offsite Server in CMC now. You can go on and assign Altaro VM Backup Installations to backup to it.
- Finally, make sure to set up a password for the 'Altaro Offsite Server Configuration Backup'. This will be required to avoid reseeding and starting from scratch, if you need to migrate your Altaro Offsite Server. See instructions on how to set that up here.