When you need to restore from your Altaro Office 365 Backups, you are able to restore an Entire Mailbox. You can follow the steps below in order to get started:
- Go to [Restore] > [Restore Entire Mailbox]. Then select the customer and the Office 365 Organisation you'd like to restore from. Then simply click [Next]
- Choose a Mailbox you wish to restore and click [Next]
- Simply select the backup version you'd like to restore and click [Next]
- As per the Restore Destination, you are presented with the following 4 options:
(1) Restore to PST File
The chosen mailbox will be restored to a PST File, which will be made available for download. You will receive the download link by email once the restore operation is completed.
(2) Restore to ZIP Archive
The chosen mailbox will be restored to a ZIP archive containing EML, ICS and VCARD files, which you'll be able to download from the link you'll receive via email once the restore is complete. Help on extracting can be found here.
(3) Restore all Emails, Calendar Items and Contacts back to the same Mailbox
The chosen mailbox will be restored back to the same mailbox, only to a new folder or back to their original folders if you wish.
(4) Restore all Emails, Calendar Items and Contents to a different Mailbox
The chosen mailbox will be restored to a different mailbox that forms part of the same Office 365 Organisation or a completely different one.
Firstly, choose the target Office 365 Organisation, then the mailbox and finally the name of the folder you wish to restore to or back to their original folders if you wish.
- Once you've chosen a destination from the above, click [Restore] and the mailbox restore job will be queued in the Dashboard whereby you can monitor it's progress.