When you need to restore from your Altaro Office 365 Backups, you are able to restore an Entire Mailbox. You can follow the steps below in order to get started:
Note: Only emails are supported for single item restore.
- Go to [Restore] > [Email Granular Restore]. Then select the customer and the Office 365 Organisation you'd like to restore from. Then simply click [Next]
- Choose a Mailbox you wish to restore and click [Next]
- Simply select the backup version you'd like to restore and click [Next]
- You'll be presented with a list of your emails, with a tree-view showing all of your folders in the mailbox chosen.
You can Search for Mailbox Items (From, To, Cc, Subject, Attachment Names and Date Range) and you can also Preview items before restoring in order to make sure it's what you're looking for.
Once you're done, select the items you wish to restore and click [Next]
- As per the Restore Destination, you are presented with the following 4 options:
(1) Restore to PST File
The selected items will be restored to a PST File, which will be made available for download. You will receive the download link by email once the restore operation is completed.
(2) Restore to ZIP Archive
The selected items mailbox will be restored to a ZIP archive containing EML files, which you'll be able to download from the link you'll receive via email once the restore is complete. Help on extracting can be found here.
(3) Restore Selected Items back to the same Mailbox
The selected items will be restored back to the same mailbox, only to a new folder or back to their original folders if you wish.
(4) Restore Selected Items to a different Mailbox
The selected items will be restored to a different mailbox that forms part of the same Office 365 Organisation or a completely different one.
Firstly, choose the target Office 365 Organisation, then the mailbox and finally the name of the folder you wish to restore to or back to their original folders if you wish.
Once you've chosen a destination from the above, click [Restore] and the mailbox restore job will be queued in the Dashboard whereby you can monitor it's progress.