When you need to restore from your Altaro Office 365 Backups, you are able to restore single items. You can follow the steps below in order to get started:
Note: Contacts and Calendar items are not supported for single item restore.
- Go to [Granular Restore]. Then select the customer and the Office 365 Organisation you'd like to restore from. Then simply click [Next] and verify the credentials to proceed with the restore.
- From the drop-down menu, [Choose Restore Type] and then [Select Restore Item]. This will populate the restore screen with the latest available backup version. If you you would to restore from a different date, select it from the drop-down menu.
- You can [Advanced Search] for Items (for example for Mailbox Items: From, To, Cc, Subject, Attachment Names and Date Range) and you can also [Preview] items before restoring in order to make sure it's what you're looking for.
Once you're done, select the items you wish to restore and click [Restore selected items]
- You will firstly get a Summary of the items selected for restore, then click [Next] in order to select the Restore Destination, you are presented with the following 4 options:
(1) Restore Selected Items back to the same Mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint
The selected items will be restored back to the same Mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint, only to a new folder or back to their original folders if you wish.
(2) Restore Selected Items to a different Mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint
The selected items will be restored to a different mailbox that forms part of the same Office 365 Organisation or a completely different one (for the same customer).
Firstly, choose the target Office 365 Organisation, then the mailbox and finally the name of the folder you wish to restore to or back to their original folders if you wish.
(3) Restore to PST File
The selected items will be restored to a PST File, which will be made available for download. You will receive the download link by email once the restore operation is completed.
(4) Restore to ZIP Archive
The selected items mailbox will be restored to a ZIP archive containing EML files, which you'll be able to download from the link you'll receive via email once the restore is complete. Help on extracting can be found here.
Once you've chosen a destination from the above, click [Restore] and the restore job will be queued in the Dashboard whereby you can monitor it's progress.