2008 r2 successful resort to VM but...

I have restored a 2008 r2 server to a VM but when it boots it displays the prompt to repair the system or boot to windows. when I select boot to windows it shows a black screen and sits there with a black screen and about 24% cpu utilization on the HV console. When trying the repair it says windows is loading files and stays there with the same 20% utilization.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

just to add its running on Server 2016 HV

I decided to load up a server running 2012 r2 to restore the 2008 r2 physical server and I'm now getting this error  

An error occurred. Error details: Could not load file or assembly 'Altaro.Base.VirtualDisks.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. (Error code GenericExceptionErrorDetails)

I am already running the latest version 2.0.14.0

Any suggestions?

That error we usually see it when these is a missing dependency on that machine. Installing the following should resolve it for you:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 

Let us know.

do you have any suggestions for the first question? Ultimately the destination is going to be 2016 Server so I'd really like to get it working there.

Thanks

Is the 2008R2 machine a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) build?

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.