Answered

This Volume Type Not Supported

Server 2012 - getting no backup because it says the volume type is not supported.  They are NTFS volumes, is there something else that would keep that from working?  I don't see any other requirements I'm missing.

Best Answer

Got em, thanks!

OK the issue here is:

[WARN - 2019-12-16-19:00:11 - TBackupJob/P172C] Disk 0 is not supported and will be skipped for this backup.

The reason is that disk0 and disk1 have spanned volumes which are not supported.

Also, F: was skipped because it is the backup target:

[WARN - 2019-12-16-19:00:11 - TBackupJob/P172C] Volume F: (\\?\Volume{b420fd2b-39ce-4225-97c7-6a9f29fce104}\) contains the configured backup location and will be skipped for this backup.

Could you send a screenshot from disk management showing the details of these volumes please?

Also, could you please zip and send the contents of this folder please?: C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroPhysicalServerBackup\Logs\

Here is the disk management screenshot, but there is no log folder created in that path.

That's not exactly possible :) can you check again please?

Probably you're in the wrong folder path.

Sorry, of course I am.  Too early in the morning here.  Attached below.

zip
(54.4 KB)
Answer

Got em, thanks!

OK the issue here is:

[WARN - 2019-12-16-19:00:11 - TBackupJob/P172C] Disk 0 is not supported and will be skipped for this backup.

The reason is that disk0 and disk1 have spanned volumes which are not supported.

Also, F: was skipped because it is the backup target:

[WARN - 2019-12-16-19:00:11 - TBackupJob/P172C] Volume F: (\\?\Volume{b420fd2b-39ce-4225-97c7-6a9f29fce104}\) contains the configured backup location and will be skipped for this backup.

Thank you, that answers that.  Is this something that will be changed in a future version?

We do not have any current plans to support spanned volumes unfortunately, sorry!

That said we are extremely user focused with our feature planning and I have added this as a feature request on your behalf... if it becomes a more popular request, then it will be added into our roadmap :)

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.