Answered

Backup Failed

A required file could not be found: \\?\UNC\csserver-g\BackupA\AltaroV9\3336ee2b-8b5c-4dd4-b755-a1ce639329c2\PMs\Default\CrowCanyon-HD.cranesupply.com\LinkMerging002.bin (Error code FileNotFound)

Best Answer

Hi Calvin, I'm not sure why you did that, and I am not certain how the product is going to behave going forward after that manual change, even though it may look ok at the surface.

At this point I do not advise continuing to backup to this data set, I'd recommend you start a new backup folder at this point by renaming the old AltaroV9 folder and triggering a new backup.

As a rule, data in the Altaro backup folder should NOT be manually changed or manipulated unless explicitly under the instructions from our tech team. This can lead to loss or corruption of data and we cannot guarantee the integrity or restorability of your backups 

1. Does that file actually exist if you browse to that path in Windows Explorer?

2. Could you attach your most recent backup ****_Failed.log file from here please: C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroPhysicalServerBackup\Logs\OpControllers

Thanks

I created an empty file name LinkMerging002.bin and then the backup completed.

Answer

Hi Calvin, I'm not sure why you did that, and I am not certain how the product is going to behave going forward after that manual change, even though it may look ok at the surface.

At this point I do not advise continuing to backup to this data set, I'd recommend you start a new backup folder at this point by renaming the old AltaroV9 folder and triggering a new backup.

As a rule, data in the Altaro backup folder should NOT be manually changed or manipulated unless explicitly under the instructions from our tech team. This can lead to loss or corruption of data and we cannot guarantee the integrity or restorability of your backups 

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.