Answered

Restore to VM - little space

Good day,
I'm trying to restore a physical server's backup to the VM. Unfortunately I don't have much space on the host server. The physical server, however, occupied only a fraction of the capacity it had, so it would not be a problem. However, I will not go through a space check when starting a recovery job in the console. We found what I could in the knowledge base, but this doesn't work for version 2.0.14.0. "I created the file freespace_override.txt"...
Can you help me? Thanks

Best Answer

This should still indeed work with 2.0.14.

Can you make sure the file created does not have a double extension such as ".txt.txt"?

Also, ensure that you have created the file in this location: "C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroPhysicalServerBackup\Overrides" -- if the Overrides folder doesn't exist, you will need to create it.

Answer

This should still indeed work with 2.0.14.

Can you make sure the file created does not have a double extension such as ".txt.txt"?

Also, ensure that you have created the file in this location: "C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroPhysicalServerBackup\Overrides" -- if the Overrides folder doesn't exist, you will need to create it.

Yes, it's all as it should be.

I've already bought a larger disk and made a restoration to it.
Thank you very much for your effort and answer. RR

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.