Answered

Altaro Physical Server service crashes

Hello, we've got a customer that is testing Altaro for physical server. The problem is that the service seems to be crashing at somepoint during the backup task.

On friday he scheduled a backup task at 15:00h. He contacted me this morning saying that the service was stopped and there were files on the backup location usb disk he has but he can't restore any backup.

I attach all the logs he has on the altaro machine and the system and application logs from the event viewer.

Please let me know if you need any further information

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Kind regards,
Daniel Garcia

zip
zip

Best Answer

1. Have they installed all latest updates for .net framework?

2. Why exactly is the customer suspecting that the Altaro application is causing a reboot? Does the reboot occur at the scheduled backup time? if you try a manual backup does the server crash also?

3. have you checked the reason for reboot from the event logs? You will normally see a "bugcheck" event which will give you the path to a memory.dmp file, which you can then open and analyze to see what process caused the unexpected reboot.

If you are not able to successfully diagnose this memory.dmp file I am happy to take a look for you also, just upload it and paste a link in your reply and I will take it from there.

Thanks

Could you kindly upgrade to .NET Framework 4.7.2 (install all updates for .NET) and then reboot if necessary and try the backup again please?

Hello Matt, the customer keeps having issues. The server was restarted and after that the altaro physical server service was stopped.

He belives that the reason the server is restarted is Altaro. Is there any more information we can get for you to help solve this issue?

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Kind regards,
Daniel García

Answer

1. Have they installed all latest updates for .net framework?

2. Why exactly is the customer suspecting that the Altaro application is causing a reboot? Does the reboot occur at the scheduled backup time? if you try a manual backup does the server crash also?

3. have you checked the reason for reboot from the event logs? You will normally see a "bugcheck" event which will give you the path to a memory.dmp file, which you can then open and analyze to see what process caused the unexpected reboot.

If you are not able to successfully diagnose this memory.dmp file I am happy to take a look for you also, just upload it and paste a link in your reply and I will take it from there.

Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.