Answered

Unable to take backup of physical server

I have just installed Altaro Physical Server Backup and it errors when trying to take a backup. The error code is:

Type 'Altaro.Store.Services.Server.Deduplication.RealmMapping' in assembly 'Altaro.Store.Services.Server, Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' has method 'OnSerializingMethod' with an incorrect signature for the serialization attribute that it is decorated with.

I was in the process of migrating all the data to a new virtual server but one of the disks in the raid is now showing as a predicted failure. 

Any ideas

Best Answer

It turned out to be updates for net 4.7.

Could you attach the most recent ********_Failed.log file from the following path please?:

C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroPhysicalServerBackup\Logs\OpControllers

I'm getting the exact same error, 

Type 'Altaro.Store.Services.Server.Deduplication.RealmMapping' in assembly 'Altaro.Store.Services.Server, Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' has method 'OnSerializingMethod' with an incorrect signature for the serialization attribute that it is decorated with.

here is the log...

log
Answer

It turned out to be updates for net 4.7.

Thanks Stuart!

Matthew could you check your .NET install too please?

I have the same problem with my Windows Server 2012 R2. What version  .NET need to be installed. We have on that server .Net 4.7 

Hi Ivan, 4.7 is fine, but latest updates for 4.7 need to be installed

1 person likes this

after install the new version .net 4.7.2 is working 

Great!

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.