Answered

Restore to Hyper-V Host with Altaro VM Backup installed

What is the procedure to restore the Physcial server to a Hyper-V Host that is already running the Altaro VM Backup software? This would be in the event that we cannot get the physical server powered up. Can both pieces of Altaro software run on the same server? Since this software requires a reboot at install, it seems best to have it installed already in the event a restore is needed.

Best Answer

Hi Rachel,

Our QA team has not fully finalized all regression testing for both products on one server, however I have personally had both running on my test machine for some time now so you should not run into any issues doing this as far as I can tell.

As for the reboot, Altaro itself does not require a reboot, however if there was a previous installation that has a reboot pending then the Altaro installer will also prompt you to reboot.

Hope this helps!

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Rachel,

Our QA team has not fully finalized all regression testing for both products on one server, however I have personally had both running on my test machine for some time now so you should not run into any issues doing this as far as I can tell.

As for the reboot, Altaro itself does not require a reboot, however if there was a previous installation that has a reboot pending then the Altaro installer will also prompt you to reboot.

Hope this helps!

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.