Answered

General Questions

Hi guys,

If someone can help would be awesome:

About Altaro Physical:

- What granularity does it support? Can I restore single files? Can I restore individual disk drive?

- I have to install Altaro component in all Physical servers?

- Can you make offsite backups like Altaro Vm backup?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Currently we support restoring the full machine to a VM, or restoring an individual disk to a VHD.

We do not currently offer file level restore but I have added your vote to that feature request - thanks for the feedback!

Yes Altaro Physical Server Backup needs to be installed on each physical server you wish to backup. There is currently no central management in the freeware edition but this will be added later this year in the paid editions, with full central management being done through Altaro CMC.

Offsite backups are indeed on our roadmap, but I cannot offer an ETA as yet, stay tuned :)

Answer

Currently we support restoring the full machine to a VM, or restoring an individual disk to a VHD.

We do not currently offer file level restore but I have added your vote to that feature request - thanks for the feedback!

Yes Altaro Physical Server Backup needs to be installed on each physical server you wish to backup. There is currently no central management in the freeware edition but this will be added later this year in the paid editions, with full central management being done through Altaro CMC.

Offsite backups are indeed on our roadmap, but I cannot offer an ETA as yet, stay tuned :)

1 person likes this

Thanks for the help Matt!!!

Hi Matt, would it be possible to add another vote from myself for the feature request for file level restore please?

We are in dire need of a replacement for Altaro Backup FS, however we would like to stay with Altaro for our Physical fileserver backups!

Thanks

Callum

Noted on my end, thanks for the feedback Callum!

+1

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.