Answered

Daily Status Report

If a backup is scheduled to occur every second day, the status report mark that backup as overdue.  Your logic may differ but IMHO if it is scheduled to miss a day, it is NOT overdue.

Altaro V8.4.03

This is not critical but would welcome your comments.

Best Answer

Looks like you are referring to Altaro VM Backup, Not Altaro Physical Server Backup.

This forum is for discussions on the new BETA version of Altaro Physical Server Backup, it is a completely separate product to Altaro VM Backup. If you require support on Altaro VM Backup, kindly go through our regular support channels found here: https://help.altaro.com/ Thanks!

Thanks for pointing this out Pierre, I'll pass this on to our dev team and keep you posted!

Pierre, actually there is no option to configure a schedule of backups every second day at this stage, so this report is actually accurate :)

This was done manually like this

Not strictly every other days, just the same "overdue" status should perhaps be "pending" or "standby" or "scheduled skip" or "nothing to report" or ...

Answer

Looks like you are referring to Altaro VM Backup, Not Altaro Physical Server Backup.

This forum is for discussions on the new BETA version of Altaro Physical Server Backup, it is a completely separate product to Altaro VM Backup. If you require support on Altaro VM Backup, kindly go through our regular support channels found here: https://help.altaro.com/ Thanks!

Your View seems to be very Different from mine.
Any Ideas as to why?
That looks similar to the VM 8.4.11.1 build though.

You're correct Levon, the thread Pierre started has nothing to do with our Physical Server Backup solution so we have moved his query to our paid support channels accordingly. This discussion forum will remain available for Altaro Physical Server Backup support as intended :)

Thanks for your input!

Well i have so far not had any issues doing the backup (running agent on a VM)
The scheduled i did change to 08:00; 12:00; 17:00 and 19:00 ( with MS updates to run and reboot at 19:00 as well). and it seems to handle it well.
I will install the agent on a piece of tin this weekend and test more and then restore to HyperV.

I will keep you posted.

Login or Signup to post a comment

© Altaro All rights reserved.