If your Offsite Backup Server is connected to the Control Panel (CP) it is recommended that you backup your CP Connection Details in order to avoid having to reconfigure or reseed backup data. Instructions can be found here.
Please note that only MSP's can add Offsite Backup Server to the CP.
- Go to [Setup] > [Offsite Backup Server] from the left-hand side menu. In order to get started adding your first OBS, click on [Add Offsite Backup Server]
- If you're connecting an existing OBS installation, before proceeding ensure that your Offsite Backup Server is running Version 7.7.2 or greater. If it's a fresh installation, you'll be guided to a download page to get the latest version.
- Ensure that you have an active Internet connection from the machine which you would like to link.
- Ensure that communication to the following is not blocked:
- Launch the Offsite Backup Server console
- Click on the new [CP] icon at the top right of the window.
- A Wizard will be displayed to allow you to link this installation.
- Use a VM Backup CP temporary Access Key or your CP account credentials to authenticate the Installation and register it.
- Click [Next] and confirm registration by clicking [Register]
- As you can see you have just added your first Offsite Backup Server in CP now. You can go on and assign VM Backup Installations to backup to it.
- Finally, make sure to set up a password for the 'Offsite Backup Server Configuration Backup'. This will be required to avoid reseeding and starting from scratch, if you need to migrate your Offsite Backup Server. See instructions on how to set that up here.