Once you've signed up and have access to the Office 365 Backup Cloud Management Console, you're ready to start adding your Office 365 Organizations and take backups.
- Firstly, go to [Office 365 Organizations] from the menu
- Then, simply click on [Add Office 365 Organization]
- [End Users] Then, the first step is to enter an O365 Organization Company Name (a friendly name) and then the actual O365 Organization domain. Then click [Next]
[MSP's] Then, the first step is to simply 'Select a Customer' from the list. enter an O365 Organization Company Name (a friendly name) and then the actual O365 Organization domain. Then click [Next]. If the customer you're adding the O365 Organization for is not added yet, go to [Your Customers] from the menu and add the customer there.
- In order to proceed, you need to follow the on-screen instructions in order to grant permission to three applications. Firstly, you will be granting access to Altaro to be able to revoke access should you wish to stop backing up this organization, then you will grant Altaro temporary access to create new application within your organization, grant access to the new Altaro applications to be able to backup your Mailboxes, OneDrive and SharePoint Sites and finally access to backup Teams Chats.
Start by clicking on [Step 1]
- You'll be taken to Microsoft's website to login using your Office 365 Administrator account in order to grant access for Altaro O365 Backup to the account.
- Once you've signed in, simply click on [Accept] to proceed. Once you accept, simply click [Close] in order to proceed with the on-boarding process.
- As you can see Step 1 is now marked as complete and you can proceed with the remaining steps in order to finish the grant access on-boarding process:
- Once all steps have been completed, click [Next]
- Now it's time to choose which users you'd like to backup and whether you would prefer to automatically backups newly created users in the future. Once you're happy with the selection, click [Next]
Then, configure your Groups and SharePoint Files settings and click [Next]
- Finally, click [Finish] to complete the on-boarding process.
Congratulations, your first O365 Organization has been added! If you would like to exclude some users from being backed up later, kindly follow this guide here.