If you're getting the following NW.js screen on startup, then follow the steps below in order to resolve this:
- Ensure that the shortcut you're using isn't a dead link. Try running the executable directly:
- VM Backup: C:\Program Files\Altaro\Altaro Backup\ManagementTools\Altaro.ManagementConsole.exe
- Offsite Backup Server: C:\Program Files\Altaro\Altaro Backup\ManagementTools\Altaro.OffsiteServer.ManagementConsole.exe
- If you are running Windows Server 2019 (or newer) and you have been logged on to the machine for more than seven days, the %TEMP% location is cleaned automatically, which can cause this issue. More information on this here. A log out and log in from the machine will resolve the issue.
- If opening the executable directly still presents the same screen, ensure that you have ample free space on the C: (or where VM Backup is installed)
Lastly, check whether the Windows tmp location is accessible. You can open 'Run' and type in %tmp%. If that presents an error, it's also what causing VM Backup inability to run - once that is resolved attempt to run VM Backup again.