Known issues (to be tackled at a later stage)
- V-cards are not backed up
- Reactions on messages are not backed up and restored (Microsoft Graph APIs (BETA) do not reliably return Reactions)
- We can only detect that a new user has been added to a chat if there are new messages in the Teams Chat since it’s last backup
- Only Display name can be backed up for Tags used within Group Teams channels
[Applies to Customers in the Europe (Netherlands) datacenter] All chat messages that form part of an ongoing Teams conversation will be included in a user's backup, including messages posted before the user was added to the conversation, regardless of the share options selected while adding the user
[Any Customers NOT in the Europe (Netherlands) datacenter] When a user is added to a Teams conversation and is granted visibility to previous chat messages; these messages that had been sent previously might not be backed up.
- Files sent over chats will be backed up first time round, if the file is later modified via OneDrive and not re-sent on the Teams chat this will not be detected during the chat backup. This will however be backed up via the OneDrive/SharePoint backup
- Files shared by an external user are not backed up as these files are actually links to files inside the external users organization
- If a chat is initiated by an external tenant user, we will only be able to backup all messages from the time that the backed-up user is invited to the chat onwards, even though the user is granted visibility of previous chat history.
Microsoft M365 Limitations
- For mailbox backups, if a custom folder is named "root" Items placed in such a subfolder will be excluded from backup. This is native behaviour from Microsoft's APIs and cannot be changed. As best practice, always avoid using "root" as a folder name.